❗️ Service Tech Recommended ❗️
If a desk becomes unresponsive, check individual parts for function.
In this article:
To download the Troubleshooting Guide, click here.
A | Test Lifting Columns
For ease of troubleshooting, flip desk over.
- Unplug the Low-Voltage Cable(s) from the Control Box, except for Port 1.
- Adjust the Lifting Column all the way up and down.
- Tip: If the leg adjusts through the full height range, the Lifting Column, Control Box, Controller and Power Cord are functional.
- If it does not move, replace the non-working Lifting Column. After the Lifting Column is replaced, synchronize the desk.
- Check other Lifting Column(s) by plugging the Low-Voltage Cable into Port 1 and adjusting the Lifting Column all the way up or down. Tip: The desk will only function if a Low-Voltage Cable is plugged into Port 1.
B | Test Control Box
- Follow the Test individual Lifting Columns steps to verify the Lifting Column, Controller, Low-Voltage Cables and Power Cord are functional.
- Keep the Low-Voltage Cable of leg 1 plugged into Port 1, and plug-in the Low-Voltage Cable of leg 2 in Port 2.
- Adjust the Lifting Columns all the way up and down. Repeat with leg 3 plugged into Port 3, if necessary.
- If the Lifting Column plugged into Port 2 or Port 3 does not move, replace the defective Control Box.
- After the Control Box is replaced, synchronize the desk.
Complete Troubleshooting Guide
Quick Reference Troubleshooting Guide