|Available on Ology Desk and Bench as standard. It has two presets, Active Motion posture reminders and is compatible with the free Steelcase Rise mobile app. To learn more visit www.steelcase.com/rise|
In this article:
- Video Demonstration ❗️
- Video Demonstration (Home Use)
- Operating the Controller
- Store Height Into Memory
- Set Change of Posture Timer
- Pair the App to the Desk
- Resetting the Active Touch Display Height
- Adjusting the Height Displayed
- Switch Display from Inches to Centimeters
- Error Codes
To download the User Guide, click here.
Video Demonstration ❗️
Video Demonstration for Home Users
Operating the Controller
The desk adjusts via the active touch controller.
- Lift up or press down on the controller to reached the desired desk height. The display will show the current height of the desk.
- To switch to a stored height in memory, tap twice on the controller in quick succession in the direction you want the desk to move. The desk will move up or down until it has reached the stored height. Tip: This feature is disabled for home use.
- Or when lifting or pressing down on the controller, the desk will pause at the stored preset. Release the controller to stop at the stored height.
- To bypass stored heights, continue to lift or press down. The desk will pause briefly before continuing until the minimum or maximum height is reached.
- To stop the desk from traveling to the stored height, lift or press down on the controller.
This controller allows the desk to move to a saved height without continuously touching the controller. Be sure no people or objects are in the path of the desk. Never allow children to operate this desk as injury or property damage could occur.
Store Height Into Memory
To set into memory the desired height for either seated or standing work, use the two memory position buttons.
- Lift up or press down on the controller to reach the desired desk height.
- Press and hold the memory position button, 1 or 2 , for one second until the number 1 or 2 flashes and the light guide fills.
- To save an additional height, repeat this sequence using the 1 or 2 button.
- To clear all stored memory positions, press and hold the 1 and 2 buttons simultaneously, for one second, until the display flashes “PRESET CLEAR” and the light guide fills.
Set Change of Posture Timer
The desk is equipped with Active Motion, which delivers a subtle up/down motion signaling when it is time to move. The timer is set in 15 minute increments, from 15-90 minutes.
- Press and hold the button for one second and cycle through until your preferred time is shown. Release the button to select. The light guide fills to save the selection.
- The icon will appear in the bottom right of the height display to indicate that a timer is active. Tip: To wake the controller from sleep mode to view the icon, press any button on the controller.
If you do not change postures within five (5) minutes of the Active Motion reminder, the timer will reset to OFF. You will need to set the posture reminder timer again.
Pair the App to the Desk
- To download the free Steelcase Rise app, visit steelcase.com/rise. The app is compatible with both iOS and Android devices and allows you to connect to the desk via Bluetooth in order to track sitting and standing activity.
- In your phone settings, set Bluetooth to On.
- On the controller, press and hold the 2 and buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds, until the desk identification number appears (e.g. ID DESK - 1234).
- In the app, select the identification number that matches the desk you are pairing to. Your phone should read “Connected”.
- The controller will display “PAIRED” when successful.
- To exit from the display, press any button on the controller.
- The timer symbol will appear in the upper right corner of the height display to indicate the desk is paired. Tip: To wake the controller from sleep mode to view the icon, press any button on the controller.
Resetting the Active Touch Display Height
- Press 1, 2, 1, 2. The text will begin blinking “SELECT”, “HEIGHT”.
- Lift up or press down on the controller to scroll through the starting height options.
- Once the correct height has been chosen, pause for 2 seconds.
- The light guide will fill. When all three bars are full, the starting height is saved.
Adjusting the Height Displayed
It may be necessary to adjust the height displayed, which is set to the default setting from the factory.
- Press and hold the 1, 2 and buttons simultaneously for four seconds.
- The display will flash “ADJUST HEIGHT”, and then the current desk height will flash on the display.
- Lift up or press down on the controller to change the height displayed. The new desk height will flash until the light guide fills. Tip: The desk should not move during this step.
Switch Display from Inches to Centimeters
- Press and hold the 1 and buttons simultaneously for three seconds, to change the display from “INCH” to “CM”.
- The new selection will flash until the light guide fills.
In the event of a fault, the display may show an error code number and brief description. Refer to the Ology troubleshooting guide for further instruction.
|Office Users||Home Office Users|