The Steelcase IoT Admin Portal is the interface that you will use to manage your RoomWizard installation.
The Admin Portal allows you to setup your calendar connection, customize your RoomWizards with your company's branding, configure network settings as well as many other things.
This guide is an overview of the Admin Portal interface. If you'd like to see more instructions on a specific function see the rest of the articles in the User Guides section.
To navigate to the different sections of the Admin Portal you will use the panel on the left side of the interface.
Some sections are collapsed by default. Click on them to expand all of the options.
Each time you log in you will default to the Home section. This section presents you information at-a-glance such as alarms, device online/offline count and the update status of your devices.
By clicking on the link at the bottom of each table you will be brought to the relevant section within the Admin Portal.
The All Devices section gives you a list of every RoomWizard device currently associated with your tenant. It will also provide some additional information about each device. To customize the information shown in this view see the following guide: All Devices List Customization.
This view will show the status of each device as represented by two arrows. The top arrow represents send connection (traffic from the device to the Admin Portal). The bottom arrow represents push connections (traffic from the Admin Portal to the device. The three states of each arrow are the following
- Online (data was sent within the required interval)- indicated by a green arrow
- Offline (data was not sent within the required interval) - indicated by a red arrow
- Unknown or not monitored (no interval configured) - indicated by a grey arrow
If a device's status is two grey arrows it typically means that the device has not made an initial connection to the Admin Portal.
Within the overviews section there are two sub-sections:
- Alarms - This section displays a list of all of the alarms that have been generated by your devices or the Admin Portal
- Events - This is an ongoing log of all operations with the Admin Portal
This section allows you to configure multiple RoomWizards by making use of device groupings. As you build out your location hierarchy groups will be automatically created in this section. To see how to build your location hierarchy see this guide: Building Your Hierarchy in the Admin Portal
This section provides a list of the current status of all device operations within your tenant. It can be helpful in troubleshooting an issue with a specific device such as if a software update fails.
This section contains subsections related to configurations for your entire RoomWizard installation. It is important to note that any settings set within Global Settings will be applied to EVERY device within your tenant. The following is a brief description of each subsection:
- Location Hierarchy - Setup your hierarchy of devices as well as connect a room resource calendar to each device
- Calendar - Connect your calendaring system to the Steelcase IoT Admin Portal
- Branding - Customize the look of your entire RoomWizard installation
- Network - Configure network settings for your entire RoomWizard installation
- Passcode - Change the passcode used to access the Device Settings menu from a RoomWizards front panel UI
- General - Configure some RoomWizard behavior settings from this menu such as booking from the device and meeting check-in
- Add new devices - Use this to add additional devices to your Admin Portal
- Date/Time - Configure time format, time zone and NTP settings
- Software - Request a software/firmware update for your entire RoomWizard installation
- Users - Manage user access to the admin portal (if using SSO this is not used)
- Single sign-on - Configure the use of a single sign-on service
- Schedule Updates - Configure how frequently you would like devices to check for and install available updates.